Welcome to the TWU Spartans Hockey Skills Challenge fundraising page!
Hockey Gives Blood has partnered with Canadian Blood Services to engage and educate the hockey community about the importance of blood and stem cell donations. Your support of this important partnership will help expand and amplify these efforts. Your gift will directly fuel initiatives that encourage and unite members of the hockey community – players, coaches, and fans alike – to make a lifesaving difference for Canadian patients
Did you know?
- Every 60 seconds, someone in Canada needs blood.
- Over 80 diseases can be treated with stem cell transplants.
- At any given moment, approximately 4,500 Canadians are waiting for organ transplants.
- Canadian Blood Services needs over 100,000 new donors this year to keep pace with demand for lifesaving products and services.
Financial donations help Canadian Blood Services to strengthen its national programs and initiatives for blood, stem cells, organ and tissue donations, and research and innovation. Every donation makes a difference in efforts to improve outcomes for Canadian patients, by helping Canadian Blood Services to:
- Recruit the next generation of blood donors;
- Build a robust stem cell registry that reflects Canada’s ethnic diversity;
- Strengthen the organ and tissue donation and transplantation system; and
- Drive world-class research in transfusion and transplantation medicine.
You can also #BeAHero by joining the stem cell registry. Now’s the time to make your greatest impact. https://www.blood.ca/en/stemcells/donating-stemcells
Thank you so much for your support. Together, we are Canada’s Lifeline.
For more information on how financial donations help save lives, please visit give.blood.ca.