Week 20 of 20 - 3 516 km of 3 200km (110%)
If you're looking at this, thank you!
Thank you for taking the time to considering donating to a great cause.
To start out, I have a few Fun Facts for you…
1. Did you know that 40 years ago Terry Fox ran his Marathon of Hope?
2. Did you know that it has been 10 years since I was diagnosed with Leukemia for the first time?
3. Did you know that it was 5 years ago that I was diagnosed with Leukemia for a second time and was in need of a stem cell transplant?
Given these milestones, and being inspired by Terry Fox goal, I have decided to set a fairly ambitious goal for myself this summer!
The Challenge - ride a minimum of 160 km every week for 20 straight weeks, and raise $1 for every kilometer travelled.
By October 18th, I will have biked at least 3,200 km – not quite as ambitious as Terry’s 5,000 miles (8,000km), but that might be a goal for another year! So that means my goal is to raise at least $3,200.
Will you help me reach my goal?
Now a word from our sponsors...
By making a financial gift, you become an integral part of Canada’s Lifeline.
Did you know?
- Every 60 seconds, someone in Canada needs blood - Yep, I've been there!
- Over 80 diseases can be treated with stem cell transplants - including Leukemia!
- At any given moment, approximately 4,500 Canadians are waiting for organ transplants.
- Canadian Blood Services needs over 100,000 new donors this year to keep pace with demand for lifesaving products and services.
Financial donations help Canadian Blood Services to strengthen its national programs and initiatives for blood, stem cells, organ and tissue donations, and research and innovation. Every donation makes a difference in efforts to improve outcomes for Canadian patients, by helping Canadian Blood Services to:
- Recruit the next generation of blood donors;
- Build a robust stem cell registry that reflects Canada’s ethnic diversity;
- Strengthen the organ and tissue donation and transplantation system; and
- Drive world-class research in transfusion and transplantation medicine.
Thank you so much for your support, it is greatly appreciated!